Grow with us, unleash your full potential, and use your strong Data Science background to impact the mental health of millions of people all over the world.
Youper is a venture-backed company based in San Francisco and the creator of the most beloved AI Assistant on the planet. It uses Artificial Intelligence to help people monitor and improve their emotional health. In just a few months, Youper went from 10k to 200k monthly downloads totally driven by word of mouth. Check out what people are saying about us on Twitter (http://bit.ly/2wjNaD5)
We’re looking for a Data Scientist who is able to think strategically and get things done by performing analyses, touching production code, creating data visualizations, and setting the stage for machine learning models.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Leading the company’s data strategy and collaborating with the team to figure out the right problems to solve and data to collect.
- Design and run experiments, pull, clean, analyze and manipulate data using Python to drive personalization and to improve health outcomes for Youper’s users.
- Create data visualizations and communicate information by using data visualization tools like Google Data Studio or Tableau.
- Set the stage for machine learning models (e.g. parse users text responses from the app and identify themes in the responses, use user attributes to predict in-app activity, engagement, health outcomes).
- At least 3 years of experience as a Data Scientist.
- Excellent software development skills, preferably in Python/Pandas
- Ability to work with AWS ecosystem (EC2, S3)
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Experience with creating clustering models
- Experience with data visualization tools like Google Data Studio or Tableau
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Applied Mathematics; Ph.D in Psychology or Neuroscience.
- Interest in learning new data science techniques when relevant and staying apprised of the latest advancements in machine learning methods
- Ph.D. in Data Science
- Experience in building Reinforcement Learning models, Natural Language Processing, Recommender Systems, Regression, Classification, and Unsupervised Learning.
Compensation & Benefits
- Highly competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision, Dental and Healthcare
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Monthly team happy hours to celebrate victories
How we work at Youper
We're assembling an elite team of radically open-minded people. You’ll be the first data scientist of the team with a lot of opportunities to grow with us. Check out this 5-min video from Ray Dalio (http://bit.ly/2Wd4rdf) to understand what’s working at Youper.
Apply to find out whether this position fits you :-)